Thinking of buying a high quality sewing machine for your daily sewing projects? But having second thoughts that it might be expensive and would cost you a lot of money?
That being said, I’ll be providing you a Singer 6180 review that may make you feel amazed by the attributes this machine has to give. Let’s waste no time, let’s start!
- Dimension: 16” x 8.5” x 12.5”
- Machine Weight: 13.8 lbs
- Watts: 74
- Stitch Width: 6.5 mm
- Needle Threader: Automatic
Singer company is a well known sewing machine manufacturer across the globe. They were established since 1851 and have been in the service of helping people make their lives easier even up to this present time.
The first sewing machine that they produced was functioned for general domestic use. Through the years, they developed different kinds of sewing machines. Mainly for different usage and purpose. They have mechanical sewing machines, heavy duty sewing machines, sewing and embroidery sewing machines, quilting and serger machines and a computerized sewing machine.
The main focus of this article is the Singer Brilliance 6180 which happens to be a computerized sewing machine. It basically offers automatic stitch settings, speed control and other features that would make your sewing much easier.
With that being said, I will give you some pros and cons of the product, as well its overall quality and value that would make you appreciate it even more.
- Easy to Set Up and Use- the Singer 6180 comes with an extension table and is simple and easy to use, as well as its designs and its parts. This would be a perfect match for all levels of sewers. Its features are mostly automatic like automatic needle transfer and needle treader with step buttonhole, and the adjustable stitch length makes is super intuitive.
- Comprehensive Instructional Manual- the machine comes with a comprehensive instructional material. Meaning, you will easily set up and use the machine for you will be able to understand it right away. Aside from that, Singer provides a DVD for the owners to watch, so that they’ll be able to understand the usage and operations of the Singer 6180.
- Cannot Sew Through Thick Fabrics- this machine is not as heavy duty like the other Singer sewing machine models. It can only be used for basic sewing. For some instances while using the machine, you’ll probably encounter having a hard time dealing with thick layers of fabric.
- Needle Tends To Break Easily- since it is said that this machine can’t through thick fabric materials, the needle tends to break easily if you’ll try to. Also, multiple cases have been reported that if you try to utilize the machine’s maximum sewing speed, the needle would also crash. So the best alternative you can do is to take it slowly to assure a more efficient and quality sewing.
Who Should Consider Getting Singer Brilliance 6180
Everyone, all levels and kinds of sewers may buy the Singer 6180 sewing machine. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, it is very suitable for you to use it. Considering all the features that this machine has, you can utilize it and do a lot of your sewing projects out of it. Plus it has a user’s manual plus an instructional DVD which would help you learn more about the basics of sewing.
Features and Benefits of Singer Brilliance 6180
180 Stitch Application
The machine offers 180 sewing techniques that you may try using. It is definitely a lot in numbers. Through this feature, you’ll have the chance to modify and improve your creativity especially by the time you will try different techniques on your daily sewing projects.
80 Built In Stitches
This includes 8 basic stitches, 58 decorative stitches, 8 stretch stitches, 6 one-step buttonholes. With this number of stitches, you can create a lot of your sewing projects. As well as improving your creativity as you try to use different kinds of stitches in your work.
750 Stitches Per Minute
The Singer 6180 sewing machine can sew up to 750 stitches per minute. With this amazing feature, you can finish a lot of projects with ease.
The LCD screen is one of the best attributes this machine has. Through it, you can select a stitch based on your needs or preferences. You can also adjust the settings of the machine such as the length and width of a particular stitch using the LCD screen. Also, the screen provides tutorials on how to use the machine properly.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
This feature makes the machine durable. One good thing about it is it makes the machine sturdy while you are sewing. Aside from that, it does not really add weight to the machine. Making the machine portable, and durable at the same time.
25 Years Warranty
The Singer company gives a 25-year warranty to all of its sewing machine products. All you have to do is to ensure that you will keep your purchase receipt. Then proceed to your nearest Singer warranty center. Describe and tell the issue that happened to the machine and upon verification, they will repair it right away. What makes it more convenient is that the warranty center will be the one who will bring back the machine to your doorstep. It is free of charge.
Added Sewing Tools
Just like with the other machines, Singer gives some additional sewing tools to its customers. All is for the benefit of making their sewing more easy and efficient. When you buy a Singer Brilliance 6180 sewing machine, you will have a machine intro DVD, a power cord, a thread spool cap, a darning plate, bobbins, pack of needles and more aside from the machine itself. It is something that makes this machine worth buying for.
Other Important features
- Free arm with stitch length and width – whatever length and width that best fits your sewing and stitching needs.
- Step buttonhole with good needle position – which allows the flexibility and quality of sewing works that you will need.
- Extension table – making it really easy for you to put fabric and move things around.
- Adjustable stitch length – you may extend it as long as you need just to better sewing works done.
- Presser feet
- Class 15 metal – increased robustness on the machine.
You’ll have all of these and more when you have your own Singer Brilliance 6180 at home!
What Others Are Saying
Owners of the Singer 6180 have different thoughts about the performance and the quality of the machine. Most of them are admiring the price for it is very cheap for being a high quality sewing machine made by a well known company. They’ve noticed that the machine is really not designed for a heavy duty project. It is perfect for a daily sewing job and that’s all. For instance, owners are claiming that they’ve encountered several problems with the machine. It keeps on jamming, as well as needle breaks easily. It is advisable to use a larger and more durable needle when dealing with thicker fabrics or thick materials.
Overall, the machine is still being appreciated by many for it works and serves more than a typical sewing machine has to offer.
Alternatives of Singer Brilliance 6180
The Singer 9985 Quantum Stylist Touch Sewing Machine would be a perfect alternative for the Singer 6180. It is also a computerized sewing machine which was also made by the Singer company. It is a kind of machine that is very portable and can be used with ease. This amazing machine has a 960 built-in stitches that includes 6 alphanumeric fonts plus a 13 1-step buttonholes. A variety of accessories is being included as well. The big positive about this machine is that it comes with a large color-touch LCD screen which provides all the necessary things that you’ll be needing while sewing. From the selection of stitches up to the adjustment of its length and size can be easily done through the LCD screen. Truly a great machine with amazing features that will help you achieve your sewing dreams.
- Singer 1234 review
- Singer Brilliance 6180 review
- Singer 44S review
- Singer 4452 review
- Singer 4432 review
- Singer 7258 review
- Singer 3337 reviews
- Singer 7285q reviews
- Singer simple 2263 reviews
- Singer 7258 vs brother cs6000i
- Singer 44s vs 4423
- Singer 4432 vs 4452
The very portable and easy to use Brother Innov-is NS80E would also be a perfect replacement for the Singer Brilliance 6180. It is packed with 80 built-in stitches that includes 8 one-step buttonhole styles. It is also a computerized sewing machine that features an LCD screen display. Both beginners and advanced users may try using it for it has a speed control button which allows users to sew in the speed that they would want. What makes this machine portable is that it is only 14.1 lbs. And a dimension of 7.7 x 16.5 x 12.1 inches. This machine is a perfect combination of power, quality, portability and durability.
- Brother cs6000i review
- Brother cs6000i vs singer 7258
- Brother SE400 review
- Brother SE425 review
- Brother PE770 review
- Brother XR3140 review
- Brother JX2517 review
- Brother xl2600i review
- Brother st531hd reviews
- Brother se625 reviews
- Brother se400 vs se600
- Brother 1034d vs 1034dx
- Brother se400 vs se425
- Brother se600 vs se625
Simple to use even with the attribute of being an advanced and computerized sewing machine. That is the Janome Sewist 780 DC is all about. The machine comes with 80 stitches which is subdivided into two. 20 stitches are available within the stitch selection and the remaining sixty are pictured on the right side of the arm of the machine. You can easily customize the size, the length, and the width of the machine after you have chosen your preferred stitch through the LCD screen. Just like with the Singer Brilliance 6180, it also comes with a lot of additional accessories which are all necessary for your sewing projects. With the machine’s automatic features, you will definitely save a lot of time, but with the assurance of quality and efficient results.
- Janome hd3000 reviews
- Janome 2212 review
- Janome JW8100 review
- Janome hd1000 review
- Janome 500e review
- Janome 8077 review
The Singer Brilliance 6180 Sewing Machine is an almost perfect machine. It can do a lot of things considering that it is not that large in terms of its size. The machine’s strength, sturdiness and durability is guaranteed because of its built. More than its automatic and advanced features, it is very easy to operate. And, of course, it produces quality stitches for a very excellent and reasonable price. This is certainly a reality more than an expectation. No more second thoughts? Click here to buy the product!
- “Brilliance™ 6180 Sewing Machine – Singer.com.” https://www.singer.com/Brilliance-6180-Sewing-Machine. Accessed 27 Aug. 2020.
- “Sewing Machine SOS: Singer Brilliance 6180 – Reddit.” https://www.reddit.com/r/sewing/comments/29eta7/sewing_machine_sos_singer_brilliance_6180/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2020.