Are you looking for the perfect sewing machine for your projects? Don’t you worry, on this review we will be tackling the Singer 4423 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine, which is said to be designed for heavy duty projects.
In this article, I will cover Singer 4423 review everything from its structure, design, features, and more importantly, performance.
So let’s begin!
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 6.2 x 12 inches
- Machine Weight: 14.5 pounds
- Built-in Sewing Stitches: 23
- Maximum Sewing Speed: 1,100 stitches per minute
- Warranty: 25-year limited warranty
The Singer company is known for its long-term, practical, and reliable sewing machines, and due to their continuous innovation and spirit, Singer has been developing sewing machines for all levels of sewing. In fact, they have been the pioneer in manufacturing sewing machines and have had a lot of firsts for the past decades. Singer has been dedicated to helping people use sewing as a way to express themselves ever since the year 1851. And now, they have already celebrated their 160th anniversary on the first practical sewing machine.
Nowadays, Singer has been developing sewing machines for all levels enabling young people and even older adults to enjoy sewing, embroidering, quilting, etc. Making Singer one of the most popular sewing machine brands worldwide.
- Lightweight And Portable – If you notice most sewing machines are quite, big, bulky, and heavy. Fortunately, nowadays, sewing machine brands are already releasing tons of portable and compact sewing machines. For people with small spaces, you’ll need to choose a sewing machine that will fit your space right and can easily be stored away when not in use. And for the Singer 4423, it sure does fit well in portability and compactness. It measures at approximately 15.5 x 6.2 x 12 inches and only weighs 14lbs.
- Perfect For Beginners – This machine is surprisingly quite easy to use and operate, making it a great machine for beginners as well as experienced sewists. It comes with an automatic needle threader which may be a bit confusing at first, but with the help of the manual and video tutorial, you’ll quickly get the hang of it. There are three labeled control dials on the top of the machine. The left one adjusts the thread tension, the middle one adjusts the needle position, and the right one adjusts the stitch width. You can easily lower or raise the feed dogs with a slider at the back of the machine for free range sewing. In addition to that, you can easily change the presser feet through switching its simple lever mechanism.
- Highly Affordable – Sewing machines nowadays can come with a huge price tag. And the Singer 4423 are one of those affordable machines in the market today. It comes half the price of other heavy-duty sewing machines, considering its features and material. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced sewer, this machine is definitely a good investment.
- Noise – The noise level on this machine is quite high with over 70 decibels. This can be compared with a vacuum cleaner or a car travelling at 60 miles per hour. Which means that this machine is a noisy one. Noise, especially at this level, can create frustration and distraction.
- Limited Stitch Options – This machine, unlike most sewing machines nowadays, has too limited options to choose from. It’s actually pretty helpful when a sewing machine has a wide range of built-in stitches. Of course, the more stitch options you have, the more variety it can offer. It only has 23 built-in stitches, 12 of the 23 stitches are decorative, and the other featured stitches include basic, buttonhole, and stretch stitches.
- Manual Sewing Machine – Since this is a manual sewing machine, there is no automatic stop when making a buttonhole. Having an automatic or computerized sewing machine in terms of speed, precision, and accuracy.
Who Should Consider Getting Singer 4423
As mentioned before, the Singer 4423 is great for beginners as well as experienced sewists. This machine is said to be surprisingly easy to use and operate, the only downside is its noise. New sewing enthusiasts will definitely enjoy this sewing machine as it has 23 built-in stitches, LED light, automatic needle threader, and can sew in high speeds (1,100 stitches per minute). The 23 built-in stitches even if it’s fewer than in most machines, is actually worth its price, 23 stitches can get you a long way. As I’ve said before, even experienced sewists can enjoy this Singer model, as it has all the features you need, from speed, heavy-duty quality, and affordability. Its affordable price makes it stand out among its other contenders. Thus, users have been buying the Singer 4423 for its price and long-term durab.
Features and Benefits of Singer 4423
High Sewing Speed
As previously said, this machine can stitch up to 1,100 stitches per minute and can handle a variety of fabrics, making it an ideal sewing machine.
This machine has 23 built-in stitches which include 6 basic, 4 stretch, and 12 decorative stitches in total. This important feature makes it great for fashion designing and more.
This simple feature is a drop bobbin with a clear cover to easily keep an eye on your bobbin’s thread supply. When you come to think of it, it’s actually a very innovative idea which makes things easier.
Automatic Needle Threader
This is also one of its special features because it simply makes the job easier. This helps you sew faster and more at ease, as you won’t need to waste your time trying to insert the thread in the needle. In fact, this is actually beneficial for older adults and users with poor eye-sight.
Most sewing machines nowadays already come with a free arm, especially brands like Singer. The free arm is a free-standing part of the machine to easily sew cuff, collars, and sleeves comfortably.
Four Types Of Presser Feet
The Singer 4423 actually has four types of presser feet namely: All-Purpose, Zipper Foot, Button Sewing Foot, and a Buttonhole Foot.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin
- Foot Control Pedal
- On Board Storage
- Automatic Reverse
- Snap-On Presser Feet
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Three Needle Positions
- Adjustable Stitch Length
What Others Are Saying
Based on customer’s reviews, the Singer 4423 has been a good performing sewing machine, which is reasonable for its price. And since it’s a singer machine, it is proven to last long and still do its job. Customer’s are amazed by its performance, versatility, and durability. In fact, they love it not just for its price but also for its versatile performance such as sewing on leather, denim, wallets, purses, stuffed animals, repair canvas, and so on. It’s a great investment especially for a Singer, you’ll definitely get what you paid for. Even if it lacks sewing features, they surely do well in long-term durability. Thus, Singer has always been one of the best sewing machines, for centuries.
This singer 4423 heavy duty model sewing machine is indeed a very impressive sewing machine. It delivers arguably everything you would be looking for in a sewing machine. The high speed is a plus for anyone who has experience with the machine. It is an all-around machine that ensures all your sewing tasks are fully completed on time.
Alternatives Of Singer 4423
If you’re looking for a sewing machine which is durable, reliable, simple, and very affordable, this is the Singer for you. However, if this model isn’t available in your stores, you can also try grabbing these alternatives!
This computerized sewing machine is one of those advanced sewing machines. It features a large colored LCD screen to help users easily view tutorials, other options on how to operate the machine, 1,000 different stitch designs for inspiration on your project. This is especially great for experienced sewists as it has tons of different features from simple to advanced options. Thus, this is mainly used by professionals like fashion designers, and so on. But overall, this sewing machine unit from Singer is a great machine to have especially if you want something that is sturdy, efficient, and is reliable.
- Singer 1234 review
- Singer Brilliance 6180 review
- Singer 44S review
- Singer 4452 review
- Singer 4432 review
- Singer 7258 review
- Singer 3337 reviews
- Singer 7285q reviews
- Singer simple 2263 reviews
- Singer 7258 vs brother cs6000i
- Singer 44s vs 4423
- Singer 4432 vs 4452
This is a great machine for people who love to travel, and this compact, reliable, and automatic sewing machine is the answer. You won’t imagine that this compact and portable sewing machine actually has 80 built-in sewing stitches with 8 one-step buttonhole designs.This can be applicable for all levels, even if it says advanced it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s complex but rather easier to operate.
- Brother cs6000i review
- Brother cs6000i vs singer 7258
- Brother SE400 review
- Brother SE425 review
- Brother PE770 review
- Brother XR3140 review
- Brother JX2517 review
- Brother xl2600i review
- Brother st531hd reviews
- Brother se625 reviews
- Brother se400 vs se600
- Brother 1034d vs 1034dx
- Brother se400 vs se425
- Brother se600 vs se625
This is also a computerized sewing machine which features an automatic thread cutter, stitch elongation on satin stitches, easy bobbin system, auto-bobbin winder system, built-in needle threader, and an auto-lock stitch feature. This may not be the easiest to operate thus, read the manual guide and tutorials are highly recommended for first time sewists.
- Janome hd3000 reviews
- Janome 2212 review
- Janome JW8100 review
- Janome hd1000 review
- Janome 500e review
- Janome 8077 review
The Singer 4423 is definitely a machine that’s worth it for its price. Knowing that this is a manual sewing machine, it can perform at high speeds up to 1,100 stitches per minute and can handle various fabrics. Yes, it does lack some hassle-free features, but for its price, it really is a good deal. Believe it or not, this model is actually the cheapest among its other manual sewing machine contenders.
Having a Singer is a good investment because it can last for a lifetime depending on the owner’s handling. If you’re looking for a sewing machine that is focused on durability and reliability, this is the best one for you. Thus, getting this is highly recommended for users who like it simple yet is highly durable, reliable, and highly affordable. You can get yours and know all about its “know-hows” by checking it out here.
- “1851 – Isaac Singer’s Sewing Machine Patent Model ….” https://www.si.edu/object/1851-singers-sewing-machine-patent-model:nmah_1071133. Accessed 4 Sep. 2020.
- “Embroidery Machines | Brother, Janome, Singer, Melco, & More.” https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/embroidery-machines.php. Accessed 4 Sep. 2020.