Are you taking a long time styling your favorite shirt? Have you ever wished for the easiest sewing machine this Christmas? Well, you’ve come to the right place to make your wish come true. Manually sewing certain stitches can be laborious and time consuming, but with Janome’s computerized sewing machine, you’ve got it all covered.
Janome’s JW8100 computerized sewing machine gives you compactness, affordability, and simplicity. Its most popular feature, which is the 100 built-in stitches, will give sewing enthusiasts not only a variety of stitches to choose from, but also projects done with precision and accuracy. Come check out all Janome JW8100 reviews to give you an idea and awareness of what you’ll be getting when you purchase one.
- 100 Built-in stitches
- Max stitch width: 7mm
- Max stitch length: 5mm
- Max sewing speed: 750 stitches per minute
- 7-pc feed dog system
- Drop feed calable (for free motion sewing)
- Backlit LCD control panel with easy navigation keys
The company all started during the early 1920s when founder Yosaku began using a round bobby system rather than the traditional long shuttle. And they thought that the round bobbin looked similar with a snake’s eye, and in Japanese it is called “Janome,” thus the name was created.
Janome has always been in the top leading industries for computerized sewing machines and now has sewing divisions worldwide. Janome has a pretty long history and since then, the company has made a lot of high-efficiency sewing machines such as Janome HD3000, Janome MC 6300P, Janome HD1000. Their persistency in providing consumers innovative and precise machineries have led to its good reputation for reliability, precision, accuracy, and most especially, its user-friendly features.
However, just like all products and machines, the Janome W8100 has a fair share of pros and cons.
- Lightweight and portable – This unit has a dimension of 16 x 7 x 12 inches and a total weight of 12.7 lbs. You can bring it anywhere you wish as you can easily move it from one place to another.
- Variety of stitches and great stitch quality – As mentioned before, this contains several stitches to choose from. This machine is perfect for taking your projects on another level. And you don’t have to worry about making dozens of it as its stitch quality is consistent in terms of stitch length and width. It can work efficiently even on thick and tough fabrics.
- 25 years limited warranty – This is a great sewing machine to start with because of its long warranty period. However, it only covers normal household use except for needles, belts, needle plates, bobbins, light bulbs, knives, and loopers. In addition to that, this warranty also doesn’t cover failures caused by improper maintenance or scenarios beyond the control of the Janome company. It doesn’t cover foot pedal as well.
- Good for sewers of all levels – This unit is actually a great start for beginners as its user-friendly operation makes it easier, comfortable, and efficient. This can also help intermediates develop their skills and creativity.
- Doesn’t have a thread cutter – This is its biggest downside and wasn’t expected until later on. Most sewing machines which are closely similar to this unit already have a thread cutter. It’s pretty ironic thinking that this unit has an advanced computerized system but needs a scissor to manually cut the thread.
- Can’t sew on multi-layer fabrics – Yes, it does work properly on thick and tough fabrics but cannot work well on multi-layered fabrics and can lead to damage. If you want to be able to lengthen its life and maximize it, you should avoid using multi-layer fabrics on this unit.
Who Should Consider Getting Janome JW8100?
This Janome sewing machine is best for beginners because of its user-friendly system operation, easy setting and handling, and contains tons of stitches to choose from, perfect for sewing enthusiasts wanting to enhance their skills. In addition to that, it can also be helpful for intermediates as they can maximize their time and work efficiently.
First and foremost, this machine has a wide variety of stitches and has a user-friendly system, making it one of the best sewing machine companies worldwide. This sewing machine is a decent machine due to the fact that even with its small size and portability, it still contains a ton of features. Almost any level can enjoy this sewing machine, especially if they want to explore their creativity in sewing. Other than that, this machine comes at a very reasonable price making it a good deal for a computerized sewing machine as well as someone looking for an embroidery machine.
Features and Benefits of Janome JW8100
Number of stitches and stitch quality
As mentioned before, it has 100 built-in stitches. The variety of stitches and stitch quality of this sewing machine is what makes it special. These include 20 regular stitches, 27 heirloom stitches, 18 quilting stitches, 28 home decor stitches, and 7 buttonhole stitches. Even with its wide variety of choices, they still maintain consistency on the stitches.
This on the other hand, is a simple thing to do on a sewing machine and with this Janome sewing machine unit, it’s far from complicated. Thus, this can help you save a lot of time and effort.
Reverse button and start/stop button
Back stitching your garment or fabrics will help strengthen your seam. This process avoids getting your stitches loosened or unraveled even after several washes. And if you want to go back to a previous stitch, all you need to do is press the reverse button. The sewing machine also has a locking stitch button which ensures you do not thread by mistake.
Extension table supporting free-motion sewing and quilting
This feature of having a wider table by providing an extension helps give sewists more workspace for larger projects. Those sewists who enjoy working on larger fabrics and projects are gonna be satisfied with this extension. And it doesn’t end there, because you can detach the extension table anytime you want.
Speed Control Slider
This feature enables you to change the sewing speed in a comfortable and smooth manner. The speed is controlled by the slider button. This helps sewists finish projects faster and efficiently.
This feature is beneficial in creating victorian styled embroidery and designs. It comes with a freely moving arm.
This smart feature is also a very useful one because it allows you to save the specific stitch pattern for future use.
This feature allows you to lower the feed dogs below the needle plate. This is helpful when doing free-motion sewing with constant turning and moving of the fabric in different directions.
Auto Declutch Bobbin Winder
This great feature is perfect for beginners as well as advanced users. This is because you don’t need to worry about putting too much thread ever again.
- Seven-piece feeding system.
- Attachable Stitch chart.
- Jam-resistant, horizontal loading bobbin system.
- Transparent bobbin cover to monitor the supply of the thread.
- Automatic optimum stitch settings.
- Manual thread tension controller.
- Hardcover included.
- foot pedal
What Others are Saying
Upon hearing the customers’ feedback, it is safe to say that this Janome JW8100 is a great computerized sewing machine not just for its impressive features but also for its affordable price. Consumers have always been satisfied with janome products and because they are focused on development and innovation, thus, Janome never gets old. In addition to that, Janome’s testimony on keeping everything simple and easy to understand has always been consistently impressive. Janome is one of the leading sewing machine manufacturers around the world.
Alternatives of Janome JW8100
The Janome JW8100 is the best option in looking for a computerized user and budget friendly sewing machine. However, if you’re not able to have this unit in your location, there are also some alternatives you can get besides this one.
Singer 9985 The Quantum Stylist Touch Sewing Machine
This sewing machine is a whole other level due to its easy-to-use color touch LCD screen. The colored LCD screen feature helps the user view tutorials on how to set up the sewing machine. You can also look at 1,000 different stitch designs to give you inspiration for your project. Its features are similar to the Janome JW8100, the only difference is the quantity. But overall, this sewing machine unit from Singer is a great machine to have especially if you want something that is sturdy, efficient, and is reliable.
- Singer 1234 review
- Singer Brilliance 6180 review
- Singer 44S review
- Singer 4452 review
- Singer 4432 review
- Singer 7258 review
- Singer 3337 reviews
- Singer 7285q reviews
- Singer simple 2263 reviews
- Singer 7258 vs brother cs6000i
- Singer 44s vs 4423
- Singer 4432 vs 4452
Brother Innov-is NS80E Sewing Machine
This sewing machine is a great option for people who love to travel from place to place. Its portability and sewing quality makes it a good contender for the JW8100. It has 80 built-in sewing stitches with 8 one-step buttonhole styles. It also comes with a bright LED light to create projects accurately and clearly. This is applicable for all levels but mostly, for new sewing enthusiasts looking to develop and hone their skills. One thing’s for sure, it is also a great sewing machine to work with.
- Brother cs6000i review
- Brother cs6000i vs singer 7258
- Brother SE400 review
- Brother SE425 review
- Brother PE770 review
- Brother XR3140 review
- Brother JX2517 review
- Brother xl2600i review
- Brother st531hd reviews
- Brother se625 reviews
- Brother se400 vs se600
- Brother 1034d vs 1034dx
- Brother se400 vs se425
- Brother se600 vs se625
Janome Sewist 780DC Sewing Machine
Well, given the fact that we’re talking about a Janome unit, why don’t we compare it with another computerized Janome sewing machine? This Janome Sewist 780DC just like its contenders, contains a wide variety of stitches, LCD screen, buttonholes to choose from, etc. In addition to that, it also has special features such as the automatic thread cutter (which you can’t see in the JW8100), stitch elongation om satin stitches, easy bobbin system, auto bobbin winder system, built-in needle threader, and an auto lock stitch feature.
- Janome hd3000 reviews
- Janome 2212 review
- Janome JW8100 review
- Janome hd1000 review
- Janome 500e review
- Janome 8077 review
The Janome JW8100 is by far one of the best budget-friendly and user-friendly sewing machines out there. Everything about it is great except for one thing, and that’s the absence of a thread cutter. Its overall functionality and efficiency is what makes it so popular. This gives beginners an opportunity to harness and develop their skills in sewing. It’ll also give you a bigger platform for creativity due to its numerous stitch options. Even if it comes in an affordable price, its material isn’t, as it is made with heavy-duty metal with metal interior frames. The stitch speed on this unit is also impressive having 750 stitches per minute. Who wouldn’t want to get a Janome JW8100 if it has all these features? What are you waiting for? Just check it out here on our website!
- HD-3000 – Janome America: World’s Easiest Sewing, Quilting ….” https://www.janome.com/machines/sewing/hd3000/. Accessed 1 Sep. 2020.
- “Memory Craft 6300P – Janome America: World’s Easiest ….” https://www.janome.com/machines/sewing/6300p/. Accessed 1 Sep. 2020.
- “HD-1000 – Janome America: World’s Easiest Sewing, Quilting ….” https://www.janome.com/machines/sewing/hd1000/. Accessed 1 Sep. 2020.