The Janome 2212 is a perfect machine for beginners with a very affordable price! This machine was designed to be simple and very easy to use and is only sold under 200 dollars. It’s a small and compact sewing machine which makes it easier to bring around on your travels. It’s most important features are its 12 built-in stitches and a 4-step buttonhole. You get a straight stitch, a buttonhole stitch, decorative stitches, zigzag stitches, and a reverse stitch.
And with the Janome 2212 sewing machine, you’ll be able to do projects with precision. Just like all the Janome machines, which is know for its high quality, I’m sure this will not disappoint you. Based on what I have seen so this Janome model is compact, portable, capable of sewing through multiple layers of fabric, and exceptionally affordable, and to learn more about it. Keep on reading this Janome 2212 reviews!
- 12 built-in stitches
- 4-step buttonhole
- Up to 4mm stitch length
- Automatic bobbin winding
- Manual tension control
- Speeds up to 1000 spm
- Free arm
- Snap-on presser feet
- Reverse stitch
- Dimension: 17”x 9” x 13.5”
- 5-piece dog feed
The company Janome was created in Japan by the founder Yosaku. This is one of the most popular sewing machines not just in Japan but all over the world namely, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Chile, U.S.A, Brazil, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, China, U.K, Switzerland, Holland, and Germany. Janome’s constant urge for development and advancement has led them to release the first computerized sewing machine in the world during the year 1979. In addition to that, Janome actually has its own production of its parts and accessories. Due to their success and best-selling sewing machines, they have already accumulated thousands of loyal employees.
Besides the company itself, the Janome 2212 is a great fit for new sewing enthusiasts wanting to get a user-friendly and compact sewing machine at an affordable price. Whichever way, getting this unit will help you develop and maximize your skills in sewing. To know if this machine is perfect for you, first take a look at its pros and cons.
- Affordable High Quality Machine – As previously mentioned, the Janome 2212 is a great machine also for its price. It is a good deal when it comes to its material as it is solid but at the same time, lightweight. Almost anyone can buy this sewing machine thus, it’s also liked by so many.
- 25-year Limited Warranty – It comes with a 25-year limited warranty (25 years on mechanical parts, 2 years on electrical parts, and 1-year on labor.)
- Project Setup and Threading – This unit is designed to be user-friendly making it ideal for first-time users. Made for the first-time user, this sewing machine makes it as easy as possible to begin a sewing project. Users are going to want to place the bobbin first, and this is done with the push-pull bobbin winder.
- Stitch Settings and Controls – It also has simple threading guides making it easier to change out a thread without having to get a manual.
- Powerful Motor Allows for Sewing Through Thick Material – This sewing portable sewing machine can sew most fabrics for most projects, and is just on the level of “medium duty.” So to avoid creating damage, try to avoid sewing over too much fabrics.
- No Automatic Needle Threader – Unlike its other competitors and similar units, it doesn’t include an automatic needle threader. You’ll have to change a thread manually, however it’s pretty easy to since it has threading guides on it.
- Front Loading Bobbin – This front loaded bobbin gives the sewing machine an awkward look.
- Not Computerized – Sewing machines nowadays are mostly computerized in order to give users easier setting options. However, in this Janome unit, simplicity is key.
Who Should Consider Getting Janome 2212
This sewing machine, even though it lacks an automatic needle threader, actually has high potential in being one of the most loved sewing machines. Because of its user-friendly operation, it’s been a breeze for beginners and also advanced users. Aside from its easy-to-use operation, it also has the 12 built-in stitches for customers to have a variety of options to choose from. For new enthusiasts looking to expand their skills in sewing and basic stitching, will definitely enjoy this Janome 2212. It can also be a great tool for professionals and experienced seamstresses who are looking for something portable to bring around for basic stitching.
Features and Benefits of Janome 2212
Number of Stitch Options
As said before, this machine features a 12 built-in stitch option which you can control with the help of a dial. It comes with a straight stitch, buttonhole stitch, decorative stitches, zigzag stitches, and a reverse stitch. You’ll see a stitch guide on top of the machine on how to select the correct stitch through the dial.
The next feature is found right beside the stitch options. This will help you change the length of the stitch from 0mm to 4mm.
The sewing speed of a sewing machine depends on how many times the needle completes its stitching motion (up and down). It has an impressive number of 860 stitches per minute, which is already fast only when compared with lower quality sewing machines.
Dual Needle Positions
What impresses the consumers is its ability to adjust or set the needle in two different positions. This feature of the 2212 is a mechanism for preventing skipped stitches, jammed bobbin, and loosing thread tension.
Can Make Buttonholes
Buttonholes can be time-consuming especially when done in large numbers. However, with the use of this Janome 2212, it is as easy as 4 steps. This helps sewists easily create buttonholes whenever they wish to.
Built-In Thread Cutter
Some sewing machines don’t include a thread cutter, which can sometimes be extensive or time consuming. This unit comes with a built-in thread cutter which cuts every string after use. Which will not require you to use scissors anymore.
The drop feed is a great feature and addition to this sewing machine because it enables users to freely move their hand when stitching or quilting.
- Front-loading Bobbin
- Folding Carry Handle
- Free Arm
- Drop Feed Dog
- Presser Feet – Snap-On
- Manual Tension Control
- Stitch Length Adjustments to 4mm
- Zigzag Width Adjustments to 5mm
- 2 Retractable, and Vertical Spool Pins
- Pull – Push Bobbin Winder
What Others Are Saying
Users seem to enjoy this Janome unit even if it lacks some advancements you see in the automatic ones. Janome has always succeeded in delivering machines that are simple, user-friendly, compact, and precise. Yes, as it is very simple to use even your kids can too, as long as there is adult supervision to avoid any accidents from occurring. And yes, we do not lie when it comes to affordability, as seen in the comments above. The most common complication or difficulty you can experience in operating this unit is the absence of a needle threader.
Alternatives of Janome 2212
If ever this Janome isn’t available in stores near you, there are still some options for you to choose from.
Singer 9985 Quantum Stylist Touch Sewing Machine
This Singer sewing machine, just like its counterparts, mainly focuses on longevity and quality of materials. It is a computerized sewing machine with a colored LCD touch screen to provide users added assistance to make sure your projects are properly achieved. This unit also comes with 960 built-in stitches with 13 buttonhole styles, and six alphabets. In addition to that, the other features include an automatic needle threader, and the usual sewing machine accessories. This may work great for beginners and intermediates as it’s easy to operate. An amazing feature behind it is its audio and visual messaging which is purposely for helping users with bobbin winding, bobbin settings, changing presser feet, and in threading the machine.
- Singer 1234 review
- Singer Brilliance 6180 review
- Singer 44S review
- Singer 4452 review
- Singer 4432 review
- Singer 7258 review
- Singer 3337 reviews
- Singer 7285q reviews
- Singer simple 2263 reviews
- Singer 7258 vs brother cs6000i
- Singer 44s vs 4423
- Singer 4432 vs 4452
Brother Innov-is NS80E Sewing Machine
This is a computerized sewing machine that already comes with a needle threader, needle up/down setting, free arm, drop-in bobbin, auto threading, adjustable stitch length & width, and embroidery stitches. One of its best features is its speed control. And for beginners, speed control is their partner or else they might either ruin their project or sew over your hand. All you need to do in adjusting the sewing speed is slide the slider controller to the left for slow speed and slide right to sew faster.
- Brother cs6000i review
- Brother cs6000i vs singer 7258
- Brother SE400 review
- Brother SE425 review
- Brother PE770 review
- Brother XR3140 review
- Brother JX2517 review
- Brother xl2600i review
- Brother st531hd reviews
- Brother se625 reviews
- Brother se400 vs se600
- Brother 1034d vs 1034dx
- Brother se400 vs se425
- Brother se600 vs se625
Janome Sewist 780DC Sewing Machine
Just like the sewing machines mentioned above, it is also easy to operate, and is packed with several time-saving characteristics. The Janome 780DC is a fully computerized and easy machine to get your hands on. Its special features include an automatic thread cutter, stitch elongation, easy bobbin system, auto bobbin winder system, built-in needle threader, needle up/down button, and an auto-lock feature. This particular machine based on my point of view, would be a great alternative for the Janome 2212 because it contains everything you need.
- Janome hd3000 reviews
- Janome 2212 review
- Janome JW8100 review
- Janome hd1000 review
- Janome 500e review
- Janome 8077 review
Janome’s 2212 sewing machine is such a great tool for people who have just started sewing as a hobby. Its features are both time and money saving, which makes it a great sewing machine. Beginners and even professionals can operate smoothly without any complications or difficulty. It also has tons of features and specifications and a 25-year limited warranty in just a small compact machine. Thus, in choosing the perfect sewing machine, it doesn’t necessarily need to be the most expensive one, but rather something that is practical for its price and features. Are you ready to start your sewing career? If you’re ready to have your own, just click here to check the product out!
- Best Janome Sewing Machine of 2020.” https://embroiderypress.com/best-janome-sewing-machine/. Accessed 2 Sep. 2020.
- “Janome 2212 Sewing Machine Review [June 2020 ….” 23 May. 2020, https://www.bestconsultings.com/janome-2212-sewing-machine-review/. Accessed 2 Sep. 2020.