- Where something light. A cap and gown are heavy and hot, especially if your graduation ceremony is outside.
- Pockets are necessary. Never underestimate the power of pockets. You can't carry a purse up on stage, but you need a phone to find your family afterward. Solution: Have a pocket available. Also, from past experience, it isn't a bad idea to have a light snack hiding in one of your pockets. I like fishy crackers.
- Flat shoes. I wore heels at my last graduation and my feet HURT by the end of the day. This time around I was all over my flat sandals - made my life so much easier.
- Jewelry. I personally forgo almost all jewelry on graduation day. I love replacing it with the leis - candy or flower.
- Finally, hair. I personally wear it down so I can run my fingers through it when I take off my cap. But, always have bobby pins in one of those pockets - your cap can always use a little extra hold.
Graduation Dress Tips by Melissa
Tuesday, July 02, 2013