Today this boy turned 6 months old. Excuse me while I become one of those cliche moms.. "Where did all that time go! He's growing up so fast! Where's the newborn we came home from the hospital with! Someone stop time!" Just had to get all those out of my system...for now.
This transition into becoming a mom wasn't and still isn't easy for me. I feel like some people have that natural maternal instinct, and I honestly never knew if I did. I mean, I knew I'd eventually have kids. I just thought I'd figure it out then.. Well, that "then" is now and I still don't know what I'm doing.
Isn't this onesie the cutest? My mother-in-law made it for Chase when he was Grey's size. It got passed down to my nephew and now to Grey. Also, I don't care what anybody says.. BABY SHOES ARE SOOOOO CUTE!!!! and useless. BUT CUTE!!!!
Oh, you want to know more about my baby? Take a seat!!!!
- He loveslovesloves attention. Which is THE BEST since I've been working from home. He just wants someone to look at him, talk to him, entertain him, and make him laugh 24/7. Any takers? You'll be paid in spit-up and drool.
- He loves to be held and is a snugglebunny.
- He loves to kick me in the stomach, specifically my C-section scar and I love it so much.
- HIS THIGHS ARE THE CHUNKIEST
- He has fat sausage feet like his mama.
- He has two bottom teeth.
- He's a droolyface.
- He loves to suck and chew on his fingers sometimes all at once.
- He's rolled over ONE TIME and we never saw it so we're not even sure if it actually happened or if our apartment is haunted.
- He loves to scoot on his tummy and push his feet off our hands.
- He can sit up longer than 10 seconds!
- He loves to laugh!! He'll laugh if you put his feet on his cheeks and smush his face together. He laughs when you play peek-a-boo with him. He'll laugh when you laugh. A lot of fake, cackly laughs over here...
- He loves to play pat-a-cake.
- It takes him a bit to warm up to strangers. He needs to get familiarized with you first before we hand him off to people. He already seems to know who all our family is though!
- He has the cuuuutest pouty face. Sometimes I try to scare him to see it. He's onto me.
- He also has the cutest open-mouth stare. You can kinda see it in the pictures above.
- He wears 12-18mo. clothes and is 24 pounds! Been the same for a month and a half..
Happy 6 months, baby boy! We love you...until you start crying again, and then your daddy loves you more.