- Keep your hair away from your face.
- Shower (at least) 5 times a day.
- Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are muy importante.
- Wear breathable fabric like 100% cotton and no polyester or anything suffocating or materials that may stick to your skin when you sweat.
- Avoid layers.. (especially those layering tees!!) Simple is best! Think basic essentials: shirt, bottoms, shoes. You'll be so hot you won't care about looking good. So make sure your BASICS look good!
- Open shoes. Sandals are a must! But please... No flip-flops. They're so gross.
- Try to avoid dark colors (because all that stuff you learned in science class in elementary school is f'real).
the maxi dressI'll be honest.. If I went back to the Philippines, I would NOT wear a maxi dress. But if I had to go somewhere really quick and didn't have time to think about what to wear, I would throw on a maxi dress, a belt, sandals, and a hat. The reason I say no maxi dress is because the last thing I would want is my legs to be covered and suffocating under the dress. If you do, make sure it's flowy and made of lighter fabric.
the mom shortsI wrote a post last year about how to look good in mom shorts. They're the other alternative to skirts for Mormon girls. Just because mom shorts have a bad rep doesn't mean we can't make them look good! My advice is to keep them a little baggy and wear them low. Think boyfriend jeans but for shorts. Avoid wearing sneakers or any shoes that cut off your ankles so it doesn't look like you have stumps for legs. The more skin showing past your feet, the longer your legs will look! So go for open sandals or flats instead of sneakers. Unless, of course, you have antelope legs...then go for it.
the flowy skirtI LOVE flowy skirts! They create a great hourglass figure and you can twirl in them. Pick light skirts without a million layers underneath.
everything else i missed
What advice do you have for Catherine?