This is Melissa. She and I go to church together along with Kari! She always looks so adorbs at church and I finally took a pic of her as proof. I also had a chance to take a peek into her closet and she has less clothes than me. No.lie. I don't know how she does it but I had to have her on here to tell you her tricks and secrets to using the most out of a small wardrobe as well as stealing your man's clothes!
- You can never have too many bold solid colors. (makes mixing and matching fun and easy).
- Stripes, stripes, stripes and more stripes! I love stripes (makes layering fun)
- Bright/patterned shoes can always make an outfit go from blah to fabulous!
- Textures instead of prints (Prints scare me. One of these days, I’m going to have Elaine help me break my rule and find a fabulous print). Oh, and I have a minor obsession with ruffles and sequins.
- My go-to accessories are scarves and tights (favorite pair of tights right now are purple and green-sounds scary I know)
- Finally, I borrow from my husband’s wardrobe. My favorite things to borrow are his white Hanes t-shirts, his thick belts, his button up shirts that are a little bit too small for him (makes for a comfy oversized shirt for me!) and his ties.
In these pictures I am wearing a dress from H&M, a striped shirt from Gap, a skinny belt from Ann Taylor, and a polka dot tie from my husband’s side of the closet tied in an Oriental Knot. I don’t know if this will help, but here are things I would wear to give my outfits a little sparkle.
|Bold colors, textured top and shoes. This is what I was trying to say…..|