Banana Street Style

Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Recap:  This past Saturday I went to an Asian-American conference called Banana 2. (It's only derogatory if white people use it.) (Just kidding.) (Actually, I'm not really sure so don't call any Asian that...yet.) The biggest beauty trend I saw at the conference was black eyeliner. ...I told you I wasn't Asian enough.
I met tons of people there...like Barbara. I just absolutely loved what she wore and subsequently made her pose for me. I mean, a fur vest UNDER a blazer? I've never heard of such a thing! I like it. Now I need a fur vest.
You know I had to sneak into the picture somehow.
Absolutely love her boots! I've been thinking about looking for a new pair of black ankle boots. Yes, thinking about looking for them. Now I've thought about it for 10 minutes more.

35 comments :

1. She looks amazing. I love her style. She should definitely have her own blog.

ReplyDelete
  2. She looks amazing. I love her style. She should definitely have her own blog.

ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of blog does Barbara have?

4. AglimpseofglamourMarch 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Well, I think your blog in and of itself is helping to spread the idea that beauty is not just one bland thing and asian eyes are just as fab!

xo
    Sami

5. AglimpseofglamourMarch 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

xo
    Sami

ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid she isn't a blogger! She was there for business.

ReplyDelete
  7. If she was at Banana, she must be a blogger too, right? I don't know if she's blogging on fashion or what - but could you link us? Please? :]

8. oooh sexy boots

9. oooh sexy boots

ReplyDelete
  10. very cute outfit! i really love it!

ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! She looks great! I like the boots too =)
    Bellesme

ReplyDelete
  12. First time stopping by your blog and I'm newly obsessed! Love your style. And re: bananas, ha! In high school and college we occasionally called ourselves Twinkies for the same reasons.

ReplyDelete
  13. First time stopping by your blog and I'm newly obsessed! Love your style. And re: bananas, ha! In high school and college we occasionally called ourselves Twinkies for the same reasons.

14. Erin and CarolineMarch 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Oh! Yes, I never would have thought about putting a fur vest underneath a blazer! It's like a subtle hint of wildness..if that even makes sense..haha.

-Erin (keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

15. Righteous RepublicMarch 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Yeah, I love how she layered the fur vest with the blazer and added a scarf. So cute! Love her boots, too. You could totally rock them, Elaine.
    -Kali

16. Righteous RepublicMarch 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM

-Kali

ReplyDelete
  17. You look so pretty when you smile! (And her fur vest is awesome. I want one to just wear by itself.)

ReplyDelete
  18. Love this outfit!...you both look so cute ;)

ReplyDelete
  19. I love Barbara's outfit because she looks nice and warm :) I'm always cold, so the idea of wearing ballet flats when it's cold outside always makes me groan. Love the ankle boots, and love that fur vest under the blazer!

ReplyDelete
  20. woa i didn't even notice that! great meeting you. and turns out - you're not vain! ;)

ReplyDelete
  21. woa i didn't even notice that! great meeting you. and turns out - you're not vain! ;)

22. Justine @ Just Better TogetherMarch 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM

She has cool shoes!

Just Better Together

ReplyDelete
  23. I love how she styled that vest. If only it wasn't completely non-practical for me to own a furry vest in Florida. Where the cold sticks around for about a month.

ReplyDelete
  24. wow, such amazing style!! i really like the look of the fur vest underneath the blazer as well and those ankles boots look great on her! and they need a banana conference in TX.

cute and little

ReplyDelete
  25. wow, such amazing style!! i really like the look of the fur vest underneath the blazer as well and those ankles boots look great on her! and they need a banana conference in TX.

cute and little

26. Yes, it is.

I'm sorry I'm not Asian enough for you. But growing up as an immigrant child and being made fun of for having Asian eyes and a weird name that no one can pronounce... Yeah, so I'm actually okay with who I am today - Asian-American.

ReplyDelete
  27. is banana like twinky- yellow on the outside white on the inside? that makes me mad! i am half asian, raised to be very much american, and now i am sad i don't have more of the culture. i hope that you aren't just "asian in appearance"-- there need to be more blogs out there that celebrate something different!

xo
    sami

ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love that idea of fur vest under a blazer! Not only is it chic but it's fun in a slightly Bigfoot kinda way. :)
    As for banana... I actually am not completely happy with the term, especially when it's applied to me. But I'm probably only miffed about that because it's the devastating truth. D:

ReplyDelete
  29. I really like her outfit. I've tried my vest under a blazer, and it makes me look like I have really well styled chest hair.
    My Heart Blogged