Cat said she wanted to wear a skirt but didn't know how to wear it and she mentioned bringing two pairs of jeans. I say scrap one pair of the jeans and bring a denim skirt instead! With these pieces, I can already see 5 or 6 outfits. And check out the convertible bag!! When you already have a backpack, a day backpack is annoying to tote around between cities along with your bigger backpack so a convertible one for the day would be perfect.
For traveling I love leggings with longer shirts like tunics and boots. And the best thing about the tunics is, you can also tuck them in and wear them with the denim skirt. Double outfits!
- When in doubt, pack light. You're going to want to buy souvenirs so make sure you have space in your bag before you leave. Get one of those vacuum sealed bags to save space! You don't need a vacuum to get the air out. We would zip them up and leave a little hole at the end and then roll those bags with the clothes in them and then when we think we got all the air out, we'd zip it. We used them and they were a lifesaver. Also keeps your clothes dry if you're in a rainstorm.
- Pack only comfortable shoes. She mentioned bringing a pair of heels but I say scrap that and bring a pair of cute comfy flats instead. Heels take up a lot of space. I picked Ecco flats and boots because they have a good rep for being comfy. Check out Tsubo shoes and Geox shoes too.
- Accessories are key! They can transform any outfit so I say stock up on scarves, belts, and jewelry. Maybe not your fancy jewelry so you don't get robbed.
- Bring in-soles just in case your shoes suck.
- What tips do you have for packing and dressing for backpacking in Europe for Cat?