It seems a few of you don't realize how much work goes into one outfit post. It usually takes me an hour to an hour and a half to do one. Here is a print-screen-by-print-screen of what I do for an outfit post.
1. I get the pictures from that day from the memory card and put it in my outfits folder. At the moment, I have 9,271 pictures from the past year and a half of blogging. I usually need at least a hundred pictures (once it was up to 500) but now that I have to take my pictures in the morning, it's been around 50 pictures in 5 minutes. I've been lucky enough to have a lot of good pictures in such a short amount of time because I'm not a morning person. I then look through all of them and choose three to five that I like.
2. Then I Photoshop everything. I brighten the pictures up, make them more colorful, and resize them because this looks bland, right?
Ahhhh.. The finished product. Much better.
3. I upload them all to my Flickr account. I also add my pictures to various Flickr groups and add my outfit details to all of them.
4. I copy each image URL onto Blogger and add my alt tags.
5. I write the post. This is the hardest part...usually because I feel like I should be writing something interesting instead of "I wore this today. The end." ...because 99% of the time, that's all I want to write. I'm no Kendi. She's suave with her words and wit.
6. Outfit details done. Labels done.
7. Shopstyle items are individually selected. I select items that I would want for myself. They're not just random things I pull off the interweb. Then I add the HTML code in at the bottom of each post.
That was a dumbed down version of how I spend an hour and a half of my time every night when I could be making dinner (Chase made it the past two nights), washing the dishes (Chase also did that the past two nights), folding the laundry (not done yet), sweeping (did it a few days ago), making the bed (..next week), picking out what I should wear the next day, and most importantly spending time with my husband. So no more complaining, okay??